WP Broadbean WordPress plugin
The most popular way to integrate Broadbean with WordPress. This free, open source WP Broadbean plugin allows you to easily integrate Broadbean job posting & distribution with your WordPress website.
Integrate Broadbean and WordPress
Do you want to write jobs in Broadbean and have them appear on your WordPress site?
Do you want candidates to apply for jobs on your own WordPress site and have these applicants appear in Broadbean along with applicants from other job boards?
If the answer to these two questions is yes, the WP Broadbean plugin is the right plugin for you. Find out more below, or download the plugin from WordPress.org.
An introduction to the WP Broadbean plugin
This plugin provides the perfect starting point for developers building an integration with Broadbean. It provides a framework for developers who can add styling and functionality to meet the specific needs of the website.
The plugin is built in a very extensible way, allowing developers to modify the plugin to best suit their needs. For example, developers can:
- Add, edit and remove the different job fields. This allows customisation of the data stored for each job and means you are not stuck with the default data.
- Add, edit and remove job taxonomies. If you don’t need to group jobs by a specific taxonomy (e.g. job industry) it can be removed, or modified to best suit your needs.
- Add, edit and remove application fields. Maybe your client needs to collect specific information from candidates when applying for a job? As the application fields are extensible you have full control over these too.
- Scroll down for a full list of features
This plugin integrates Broadbean with your WordPress website. However, it is not an out-of-the-box solution.
Full setup requires some action from the integrations team at Broadbean in order to build a feed to your website. It is likely that you will need a developer to assist in getting this up and running.
However, we can help!
We, Highrise Digital, offer a fully managed integration service using the WP Broadbean plugin to get your site integrated with Broadbean and allow it to receive jobs and post applications back.
5 star reviews
This is the perfect solution to integrating your theme with broadbean. Excellent support too!
This is an excellent plugin for integrating Broadbean with your WordPress website. Followed Broadbean’s guidelines, set up a feed and installed this plugin. Within a week of tests with Broadbean my website is now posting jobs from Broadbean live without any issues. Would recommend to anyone.
View the list of WP Broadbean features
Our plugin is packed with enough features to function, without providing bloat, and built in an extensible way, using actions and filters, to allow developers to extend and modify its behaviour without overwriting any of the core plugin files.
Jobs and associated data in WordPress
The WP Broadbean plugin adds all the necessary structure to store jobs inside of WordPress. This includes the following:
- A jobs post type
- Taxonomies for grouping your jobs by location, industry, job type and skills
- Related metadata for each job including job reference, salary and application data
Front-end output for you to style
The plugin outputs all of the job data associated with a job on the front-end for you. All you need to do is style this to match your theme and your brand. Easy to use CSS class names and markup make styling the output nice and easy.
Candidate applications from WordPress
The plugin outputs a job application form beneath each job. Candidates can apply for jobs using this form and the application entry, along with any attached CV, is delivered to Broadbean, meaning you can view all your applications in one place.
The code is built as a framework or foundation for developers to start from and build on top of. The code is very extensible, a strong principle of all code we develop at Highrise Digital.
This allows developers to add to, remove and of course modify what is there, tailoring it to the exact needs of clients. Take a look at a video our co-founder gave at the WordPress Cheltenham meetup group which outlines how we go about writing extensible WordPress code.
WP Broadbean add-ons
We have some add-ons available for the WP Broadbean plugin which provide additional plugin functionality. Find out more about these below:
- WP Broadbean Auto Expire Jobs add-on – this add-on means that jobs sent through via Broadbean will auto-expire based on the number of days they have been set to advertise on your site for.
- WP Broadbean support & documentation add-on – this plugin provides access to the documentation hub including code snippets and FAQs as well as providing a readme file on your site which you can send to Broadbean to give them the information they need to build your sites job feed.
- WP Broadbean shortcodes add-on – provides shortcodes for the WP Broadbean plugin, allowing you to display jobs in other posts and pages in your WordPress site.
- WP Broadbean search add-on – provides a job search form for your site to allow candidates to search for jobs by industry, location, type and skill as well as being able to set a minimum salary and adding search keywords.
Frequently asked questions
Below we have tried to answer some of the frequently asked questions we have been asked about the WP Broadbean WordPress plugin. If you have a question that is not answered here, please let us know.
This is highly likely as you are going to using their job posting and distribution service. In addition to this, their integrations team will need to develop a feed to your website. This means that when you write a job in Broadbean, you will be able to choose your WordPress website as a posting destination in the same way you choose other job boards.
As this process of creating a feed is a development task for the Broadbean integrations team it is likely they will charge for this. The cost is something between the client and Broadbean and does not involve us, hence we cannot advise on how much this cost. It is best to speak to your account manager at Broadbean.
As with all WordPress plugins served through the WordPress.org plugin repository, the plugin is released under the GNU General Public License.
This plugin is provided as is, and community support is available via the support forums here. If you are looking for expert help in getting your site setup to post jobs from Broadbean, Highrise Digital offer a couple of solutions.
We can provide bespoke consultancy, support and development however we also have a support add-on package. This add-on package provides all the information Broadbean need to build your job feed, access to our extensive plugin documentation resource and limited email support from the team at Highrise Digital.
We have outlined the process for getting the plugin setup in our supporting documentation here (paid product).
No. This plugin is no way associated with Broadbean Technology Limited, the company behind the job posting and distribution system it works with. Broadbean does not officially support this plugin, although they are fully aware of its use and do actively integrate many sites using it.
WP Broadbean plugin in action
Case study: Integrating Broadbean with WordPress for Bis Henderson
Bis Henderson came to us to integrate their existing site with WordPress. We added a jobs section, allowed jobs written in WordPress to the posted to their site and applications made on their site to be tracked back to Broadbean.
Need something a bit more custom?
If you are looking for something a bit more custom, or some help integrating the WP Broadbean plugin with your website, then we can help.
We have been integrating WordPress sites with Broadbean for over 5 years, so have the experience and expertise to deliver simple, or more complex, integrations.
The WP Broadbean plugin is not associated or affiliated in any way with Broadbean Technology.