Fully managed Broadbean and WordPress integration service
Highrise Digital are specialists at integrating Broadbean with WordPress, taking care of getting you up and running with jobs appearing in WordPress and candidate applications being synced back to Broadbean.
How we help you integrate Broadbean
- Your WordPress website is added as a job board destination from your Broadbean account.
- Jobs written in the Broadbean software are sent to your WordPress website, as well as other job boards, allowing you to display these jobs on your own site.
- Candidates can apply, directly for jobs on your WordPress site and the applications appear in your Broadbean account along with other applications from other sources.
- Customised application forms that look and feel like the rest of your website.
- Peace of mind, as we handle all the technical details regarding the integration with Broadbean directly.
- A test environment, separate to the rest of your site, where you can get familiar with how things work and request any job or application styling changes before you decide to take it live.
How Broadbean integrates with your WordPress website
Broadbean themselves recommended Highrise Digital [for the WordPress integration]
How to integrate Broadbean with WordPress
This really depends on your needs and what you want from an integration as we can meet your needs. However, a typical integration involves us doing the following:
Install, activate and set up our WP Broadbean plugin
We use our free, open source WordPress WP Broadbean plugin for our integrations. Part of our service is to take the setup process, understanding and effort out of installing and setting up the plugin.
Our plugin allows Broadbean to send details about jobs to your WordPress site. It converts the job’s details into data that can be saved in WordPress and then displayed in a clear, and customisable way on your site.
Add specific templates to output jobs and applications
It’s likely that your site’s theme won’t display jobs nicely by default. As part of this service, we add the necessary template files to rectify this and can customise these as you require to ensure that your jobs look like the rest of your website.
Work with the Broadbean integrations team to build your feed
To get your site accepting jobs from your Broadbean account, we work with the integrations team at Broadbean to assist them in building you a job feed to your site. This allows you to select your WordPress site as a posting destination when writing jobs in Broadbean.
We communicate where they should send the data, what format the data should be in and how applications should be sent back to the Broadbean system to make sure that your integration works smoothly.
Testing and acceptance
So that you can familiarise yourself with how this integration works with your WordPress site, we make a clone of your site on our servers and put all the change on there for you to view. This enables you to test, ask questions about anything you are unsure about and request styling changes to how the jobs or application form looks.
The integration and any styling change only get copied to your live site once you are ready. This approach means your live site continues to function without interruption whilst development work takes place.
Case study: Integrating Broadbean with WordPress for Bis Henderson
Bis Henderson came to us to integrate their existing WordPress site with the Broadbean recruitment software. We added a jobs section, allowed jobs written in WordPress to the posted to their site and applications made on their site to be tracked back to Broadbean.
How long does it take?
This really depends on the functionality required, however as a guide Broadbean usually quote around a 3 week lead time for their development to start and then a 2 week development period, to complete the work. We can usually get our work done within this time period, but it does depend on exactly what you require.
We are WordPress experts and can customise your integration as you need
We have integrated a number of WordPress sites with Broadbean in all sorts of different ways over the years. Below are some of the types of functionality that we have developed for clients, to give you an idea of the sorts of things you can have developed:
- Auto-deletion of jobs on WordPress after a specific duration or date
- A search facility on WordPress to find jobs from specific sectors, categories and locations
- Candidate account sections to allow candidates to register an account on WordPress, store their CV and then use this for applications to jobs
- Ability to allow candidates to bookmark jobs to easily view later
- Location radius-based search facilities to allow candidates to search for jobs within a specific radius of a certain location
If you have something else in mind that you would like to create then do not hesitate to get in touch.
Our WP Broadbean WordPress plugin
We have created a number of WordPress integrations with Broadbean and our experience of doing this has lead to us developing the WP Broadbean plugin. This is a free, open source WordPress plugin that helps developers and recruiters integrate WordPress with the Broadbean job posting and distribution service.