A deep understanding of your goals and objectives is the key to setting your project up for success.
Our discovery sessions help you to get clarity around those goals and decide on the best strategies and tactics to get you there.
We’ll help you get closer to those goals and prevent wasted time and money spent on features and functionality that you don’t need.
- Are you wanting to get started on your WordPress project, but keep getting questions from developers instead of answers?
- Do you know roughly what you want, but don’t have the technical expertise to put it in writing?
- Are you looking for guidance on the best way forward?
If you answered “yes” to any of those questions then a discovery session might be for you.
A Road to Success
Often at the start of a web project, there are a lot of unanswered questions, and the road to success isn’t clear yet. In your session, we will explore the project goals and create some solid ideas around the best way to achieve those – within your budget and timescales.
When working with developers to build a website or an application, a specification document is needed in order to work towards. It acts as the guide for everyone in the project. It is like the rulebook of how the product should be built.
Writing these can be hard, particularly if you are not a web developer. In these sessions we work with you closely, talking about your project, finding out what your goals are, in order to get a clear picture of what you are looking to produce.
It is likely we will ask lots of questions about the project, questions that a developer will need to know during the build phase.
The takeaway from these sessions is a detailed specification document that you can use to pass to any developer or agency to quote for your project. In fact, if you would like us to quote for the project, we will use the document too.
How do they work? What’s included?
The format of these sessions, usually done over video calls (we use Google hangouts) usually follows the following format, although it is flexible and if this turns out not to be the best approach we can change the structure on per client basis:
- Video Conference Call – Initial get to know the project (approx. 40 minutes)
This session is all about getting to know you and what your project and goals are all about. It is the chance for you to lay out all your ideas and give us as much information as you can about how you see your project or product developing.
- Highrise Digital Review Notes and Collate Questions
After the initial call, the team at Highrise Digital will get together to chat about the project and map out the different ways in order to develop the project or product. From this session comes a lot more questions.
- Video Conference Call – discussion from questions (approx. 1 hour)
The Highrise Digital team now feed back the ideas generated and the questions they have about how they now believe the project or product will work in reality.
- First Draft Project Specification Written
We then produce a first draft of the project specification using collaborative tools so that everyone can see and edit the same document – communicating our thoughts throughout
- Video Conference Call – present the first draft specification (approx. 1 hour)
In this session, we present the specification first draft we have produced and this is the opportunity to discuss the specification and give feedback on its content.
- Final Specification Written
Based of the feedback received the final specification document is written and delivered to you for use in getting your quotes. If needed this can be delivered via a final conference call.
How much does it cost?
Do you want to give your project the best start? Get started with your project discovery session today.
Includes the following:
- Video calls with the experienced Highrise Digital team.
- The chance to discuss ideas about your project with web experts.
- A detailed project specification document based on a deep understanding of your requirements.
- A quote for the project work.